You know it is the last day of 2017.And, it is one of those chilly winter mornings and I just had a warm cup of self-made ginger tea. It just makes me so happy! And before you grow all envious thinking about it, let me tell you that I just hate winters. That chill from the spine, ah, no!I just can’t bear it all.
Anyways, returning to the fact that today is the last day of 2017 and I thought no better time to reflect upon the past year and pass on my list of experiences to somebody who would be at a similar point some years down the lane. And if you’re in all awe imagining the efforts I took for you ,let me tell you that I love the feeling of nostalgia. So let us consider that I’m being selfish too when I write this to you.
The year, though disappointing, was one of the most important years for me.If you’ve been of my type-craving for new experiences, then this was it! In simple words, if you’d delete this year from my life, you’d have seen me into a completely different person. And I have to admit it, that Pooja would’ve not been this good! ;)
If you’re patient enough to read, read and then only digest what you feel like because the most important lessons come from falling down and getting up stronger. I don’t want you to live your life being all cautious. Make your own set of mistakes and learn from them.
- If you know what you want, fight for it. Be it fighting with your friends, your fate or me. It goes this way. When there’s a competition there’s always one losing party and one winning. So even in this case, there has to be one of each. In between, while you’re fighting to get what you want, you’ll meet some, who’d be better than you, who’d be getting the things you’ve always wanted faster than you and some who’d be laughing at the insane efforts you’re putting through but just accept the fact, appreciate ,ignore and continue. I’m in such a phase right now and I cannot tell you that it’d always work, but, as I said we’re supposed to make our own mistakes and learn.
- There will come some people in life you’d feel are your life.They may be the best of your friends but believe me, the ones worth staying will. Do not go beyond your emotional capability to make them stay because it’ll only lead to disappointment. And do not let any person destroy the original you. There’s no harm in improving and developing yourself. But you need to understand the difference between improving and succumbing.
- It is sometimes okay to let go of your ego. Even if you know that it was just 10% that was your mistake. That will just show that you’re mature enough to forgive somebody sometimes. But don’t overdo it. By now you’d have read those quotes asking you to forgive people who’re not even sorry. That’s a bullshit. Don’t.
- You’ll come across easy shortcuts. If you’re beautiful enough, you’ll hear people tell you that there’s no need to struggle so much to get a good life and that you should just intend to marry somebody rich enough to fulfill your wishes. That’s a bullshit.There’s no greater joy than buying those black stilettoes using your own money! You’ll see some your friends choosing the short-cut. However, remember that the probabilities of losing yourself exploring the shortcuts are more than navigating through the trusted Google (here, me ;)) sources way.
- My mom has been consoling me saying that things come to you at the correct time. Well, to admit, I’ve started believing it. But I’m also the one who doesn’t want to completely believe it and hence I prefer to keep on trying because I don’t want to miss out not trying. Same applies to you! If you lose, better losing knowing that you tried rather than in the guilt of not trying at all.
- Some people will tell you how weird you are, if you’re one. You know, I’ve spent days wondering if I really am. But then I believe that the real word in ‘different’. I belong to the category of people who want some things badly enough to get them at the earliest but also one who’d take time to digest some other. You know the best way to shut the morons? Bow down and say a sarcastic ‘Thank you!’. That really works!
I’m done with lecturing you. Rest, live for your life, as I said before, make your own set of mistakes and evolve into a stronger and a better being.